Pay in 3 interest-free payments of £53.00 with . Learn more
Why buy from us?
There’s just something magical about a vintage biplane that modern aircraft just can’t hold a candle to. And if you’ve ever dreamt about flying one, then this 15 minute taster flight will help you realise that little dream! Hosted at a wide selection of UK airfields, you’ll get to take flight in some faithfully restored vintage biplanes such as Stampes or Tiger Moths and experience the rush and euphoria of flying in an open cockpit. Strapped into your seat in the interior of the plane, as you get ready for the ‘swinging the prop’, you’ll definitely get caught in the excitement and dramatics as you hear the commands ‘Switches off, fuel on, throttle closed, suck in' and ‘contact’, as the biplane’s engine roars into life and you take off. And once you’re at level flight, you’ll discover that just the lightest amount of effort and gentle turns under the guidance of your pilot will help you fly gracefully above the airfield. You’ll definitely feel a bit like an RAF pilot of the 1930s or 1940s in training, hopefully just as enthusiastic as they were too - which will be gladly reciprocated as you get the chance to have some more exciting moves demonstrated for you!
15 minute bi-plane flight voucher
UK wide locations
All flights give you time to take the controls
Genuine biplanes such as Tiger Moth and Stampe
Flight in a vintage biplane with a fully trained and experienced pilot
15 minute flight
All experiences will include a pre flight briefing in addition to your flight time
Opportunity to take the controls during your flight
Flying helmet and goggles are provided
Opportunity to pose for photographs with the aircraft
Weekdays and weekends between March and October*
Dates and flight times are subject to availability at your chosen venue
Experiences are subject to weather conditions
* - West Sussex: Sundays only for 15 minute flights, Derbyshire: Friday, Saturday and Sundays
All flights are in a Tiger Moth unless otherwise stated.
15 Minute Flights
Derbyshire, Derby Airfield
Dorset, Compton Abbas Airfield
Essex, North Weald Aerodrome
Kent, Headcorn Aerodrome
West Sussex, Shoreham Airport**
York, Breighton Airfield
** - Stampe or Tiger Moth available
There is a minimum height limit of 4'6" and a maximum of 6'4"
Maximum weight limit is 16 stone
Minimum age 14
Prolonged periods of inactivity, air pressure changes, G pressure changes, turbulence, noise and light levels experienced during flights in open cockpit vintage aircraft may affect certain medical conditions
Any passenger with any doubts about their health when flying should seek medical advice
You are advised to wear warm comfortable clothing
Friends and family are welcome to come and watch, time can usually be made to pose for photographs
All Tiger Moth and other vintage aircraft flights are operated by aeroclubs fully compliant with Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations
The flight times quoted are 'chock to chock', so run from taxiing out to when you stop after landing
Facilities vary from site to site but most venues have a clubhouse where you can purchase snacks and refreshments
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a flydays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
15 Minute Biplane Taster Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £159.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.