Pay in 3 interest-free payments of £33.00 with . Learn more
Why buy from us?
Choose a location from one of the available Nationwide flying clubs to have a 30 minute Flying Lesson. There is no better way to take the first steps to getting your wings. On arrival you will be welcomed and given a pre flight briefing. Your lesson will be in a 2 seater light aircraft such as a Piper or Cessna. You will be given the opportunity to take the controls and fly the plane yourself. Your friends or family will be able to watch you taking off and landing from the viewing area and take plenty of photos of your first time in the pilot's seat. So dust off those aviators you have and get ready to take to the skies.
Our best value flying lessons
30 minute flights chock to chock
National locations available
Over 20 airfields across the UK to choose from
30 minute trail flying lesson at your choice of location
All experiences include a welcome and pre flight briefing
Once airborne you will get the chance to take control yourself
Flight times are quoted 'chock to chock', i.e. from when the plane states to taxi, to when it switches off at the end of the lesson
Some schools will also include a personalised certificate
Flight lessons are all at Civil Aviation Authority approved clubs
Please Bring two forms of identity including a photo id, eg passport
Friends and family are welcome to come and watch the take of and landing
Flight schools offer different levels of facilities, however most have a clubhouse
Most venues have toilets, viewing areas and refreshments
Weekends and weekdays throughout the year
Flights are weather dependent and subject to availability
Although time slots are allocated please be aware that aircraft lessons are subject to a number of factors which may potentially cause delay to your scheduled time. Whiles every effort will be made to help keep you on time we ask for a degree of latitude owing to the nature of flying, air traffic delays and weather considerations
Minimum age for a flying lesson is 14 years old
Under 18s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
Height restrictions: minimum 4ft 6ins, maximum 6ft 4ins
Maximum weight of 14 stone
Bedfordshire, Sandy - Little Gransden Airfield (M)
Buckinghamshire Wycombe Air Park, Marlow (M)
County Durham, Darlington - Durham Tees Valley Airport (weekdays only)
Staffordshire, Burton on Trent - Tatenhill Airfield
Wiltshire, Marlborough - Clench Common Airfield (M)
Wiltshire, Calne - Yatesbury Airfield (M)
Key for Aircrafts Used
(G) - Motor glider aircraft. If conditions allow part of the flight can include a demonstration of gliding if requested
(M) - Modern lightweight 2 seater aircraft which are technically classified as microlights
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a flydays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
30 Minute Flying Lesson - Nationwide Venues Near Me
East Riding of Yorkshire
Perth and Kinross
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £99.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.