Pay in 3 interest-free payments of £26.33 with . Learn more
Why buy from us?
If you’re after a great value way to get introduced to the delights of Microlighting, then this 20 Minute Flight, including Briefing, hosted at a multitude of UK wide venues with clubs which are all approved by the British Microlight Aircraft Association, should tick all the boxes! Weighing less than 450 kg, Microlights are an extremely light and nimble way to take the air, and you’ll be fully shown all the basic principles of flying one before you get airborne. Then the instructor will strap you in and take care of the take off and climb. Then once you’re in level flight, it’s over to you as, following your pilot’s demonstration, you’ll get to try out a few gentle mid-air turns during the course of your 20 minute flight - and it’s surprisingly easier than it looks! And because microlights are available at most clubs, including both the traditional flexible wing, open cockpit style models or the newer fixed wing models, you can either be open to the elements or take flight in the comfort of a regular training aircraft. So with total flexibility and fantastic value, there’s no better place to start your microlighting from!
20 minute Microlight flight voucher valid for many airfields nationwide
All British Microlight Aircraft Association clubs
Insulated flying suits available for cold weather
Fixed and flex-wing microlights offered by many clubs
Take a trial 20 minute flying lesson in a fixed-wing* or flex-wing** microlight
Ground briefing and explanation of the aircraft
Learn how the controls influence the flight of the aircraft
Opportunity to take the controls and fly the microlight for part of the flight
Insulated flying suits are provided for flex-wing flights
Flight times are 'chock to chock' so include taxi time
* - 'Flex wing' microlights have open style cockpits and a wing like a hang glider
** - 'Fix wing' microlights have a closed cockpit and resemble your typical light aircraft
Microlighting is available throughout the year at most venues where conditions allow
Some flying venues are only operational at weekends
Hull, Beverley - Flex and Fixed
Lancashire, Cockerham - Flex
Somerset, Bath - Flex and Fixed
Staffordshire, Otherton Airfield - Flex
Wiltshire, Yatesbury Airfield - Fixed
Minimum age 14
Under 18s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
Maximum weight of 15 stone (17.3 stone in Lancashire) (100kg in Staffordshire)
Maximum height 6ft 2ins
A good, general level of fitness and health is required
If you have any medical conditions please check this with your doctor, some providers may need proof of a doctors note to ensure that you are fit to fly
Spectators are most welcome to go along to the airfield to watch the take off and landing
Facilities on site vary from location to location
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a flydays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
20 Minute Nationwide Microlight Flight Plus Briefing Near Me
East Riding of Yorkshire
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £79.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.