Pay in 3 interest-free payments of £33.00 with . Learn more
Why buy from us?
Get to know one of the lightest ways to enjoying a flying experience, with this 30 Minute Flight in a Microlight, including Briefing, available at a wide selection of UK airfields with their own microlight clubs, run and approved by the British Microlight Aircraft Association. Your instructor will give you a thorough pre-flight briefing, so you’ve got the full idea of what to expect once you’re up in the air. Once they’ve strapped you in and got you airborne to level flight, then over the duration of your 30 minute flight, you’ll be able to follow their demonstration and attempt some light mid-air turns - and trust us, they’re very simple to pick up, so we’re confident you’ll get the hang of it in no time at all! And with most venues for this experience offering both the traditional flex-wing, open microlights and the more modern fixed wing microlights, you’ll hopefully be able to find what suits you best, whether it’s being open to the elements or flying as a traditional pilot in training would in a normal aircraft.
30 minute Microlight flight voucher valid for many airfields nationwide
All British Microlight Aircraft Association clubs
Insulated flying suits available for cold weather
Fixed and flex-wing microlights offered by many clubs
Take a trial 30 minute flying lesson in a fixed-wing* or flex-wing** microlight
Ground briefing and explanation of the aircraft
Learn how the controls influence the flight of the aircraft
Opportunity to take the controls and fly the microlight for part of the flight
Insulated flying suits are provided for flex-wing flights
Flight times are 'chock to chock' so include taxi time
* - 'Flex wing' microlights have open style cockpits and a wing like a hang glider
** - 'Fix wing' microlights have a closed cockpit and resemble your typical light aircraft
Microlighting is available throughout the year at most venues where conditions allow
Some flying venues are only operational at weekends
Bedfordshire, Sandy - Fixed and Flex
Cambridgeshire, Ely - Flex
Hampshire, Popham Airfield - Flex
Hertfordshire, St Albans - Flex and Fixed
Hull, Beverley - Flex and Fixed
Kent, Rochester Airfield - Fixed
Lancashire, Cockerham - Flex
Lincolnshire, Grantham - Fixed
Lincolnshire, Scunthorpe - Flex and Fixed
Manchester, Eccles - Flex
Northumberland, Longframlington - Flex and Fixed
Powys, Welshpool - Fixed
Somerset, Bath - Flex and Fixed
Somerset, Westonzoyland Airfield - Flex
Staffordshire, near Lichfield - Flex and Fixed
Staffordshire, Otherton Airfield - Flex
Staffordshire, Tatenhill Airfield - Flex and Fixed
West Midlands, Stourbridge - Flex and Fixed
Wiltshire, Marlborough, Clench Common Airfield - Fixed
Wiltshire, Yatesbury Airfield - Fixed
Minimum age 14
Under 18s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
Maximum weight of 15 stone (17.3 stone in Lancashire) (100kg in Staffordshire)
Maximum height 6ft 2ins
A good, general level of fitness and health is required
If you have any medical conditions please check this with your doctor, some providers may need proof of a doctors note to ensure that you are fit to fly
Spectators are most welcome to go along to the airfield to watch the take off and landing
Facilities on site vary from location to location
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a flydays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
30 Minute Nationwide Microlight Flight Plus Briefing Near Me
East Riding of Yorkshire
Perth and Kinross
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £99.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.